Monday, June 23, 2008

69th Street and York

After my first week at Weill, I'm finally done with all the meetings and hassle which comes with moving into a new program and apartment. I got my internet hooked up, wrote emails, finished citiprogram, and met with my doctors, etc.. My three doctors whom I met with are very knowledgeable and nice. Dr. Girardi and Dr. Salemi are cardiothoracic surgeons which specialize in Congenital Heart Disease, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Mitral Valve Surgery, Aortic Dissection, Coronary Artery Bypass, Marfan's Syndrome, etc. Dr. Skubas is an Anesthesiologist who also works with these patients and conducts echocardiograms. These are particular interesting because they identify the hemodynamics of the heart under normal and diseased states. This week I will be conducting rounds and viewing aortic valve replacements Dr. Girardi.
Things I miss back in Ithaca. My…. TV, PS3, apartment, lakes and trees, lab, fishing, low noise level, bed, normal sized dogs, places for dogs to relieve themselves, almost cheaper everything, grass, and Belinda.

No comments: