Friday, July 18, 2008

I like mice

Other than going to clinics for 5 hours, I spent my week in the library in front of my laptop. My research project is on polycythemia vera patients who have mild symptoms when they have high JAK2 allelle burden, or severe symptoms with minimal JAK2 positive ratio. Normally, patients with increasing ratio of JAK2 positive burden have increasing phenotypes of the disease. For some reasons, these people have opposite output than what's expected. Several problems I run into during my statistical analysis include: incomplete/unorganized data (missing from different doctors, etc.), very small sample of patients, and not being able to rule out what causes what exclusively since we can't just test things on human patients. I'm not so sure if a publication is going to come out of this, but my fingers are crossed.

No comments: