Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Immersion Course

I think I speak for us all in thanking Belinda for all her work. Moreover, I think that all of us are thankful for the experience that we are currently "immersed" in. Obviously, there were issues involved in getting started (to varying degrees for all involved), but I feel that we are all drawing positively from the chances we are now presented with.

One thing that Dr. Wang said, however, that I take issue with, is the suggestion that some of us are just complaining and not focusing our energy into making this work. I know that I put all my efforts in to getting my program underway once I got here (and this has been a successful endeavor for the record). Still, it is frustrating that things are so bureaucratic here (I'm sure Dr. Wang concurs). I realize that physicians are busy with important things, but I feel that what we do is also of paramount interest. My first post was not to suggest that the immersion program is a waste, as I think that it is a tremendous opportunity and represented this fact in my ebullient outlook of my upcoming project. But waiting in lines and filling out paperwork does impede me from building up my own thesis work, and this is all I was attempting to express in my initial post- I was using the blog as an venting forum, not making excuses for my own laziness.

No comments: